yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

mannyv
I have been having problems with my generator.  A short while ago it started to sputter when it got hot and would not provide power.  Took it to dealer and they could not figure it out.  Took it to small engine repair shop and they fixed it.  Said it was the coil.  Engine now runs fine.

However, it now runs for an unconsistant amount of time and then the AC power will momentarily turn off and then back on.  This has gone one for a few weeks.  Last week the AC power shut off and I had to turn the engine off and back on to get it to work again.

One thing I noticed was that when hoked up to the RV and lights were on, I tried to run the microwave (which has never been a problem) and the Microwave would beep but not run.  Normally the eco boost would have kicked in and I would have heard the engine get louder but there was no change.

Now it wont produce AC power at all.  I tried running on eco boost and high with no difference.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

mannyv
Look at my paperwork for the gen. It loooks like it might be a 2007 (or at least thats when the original purchas was made)  I also noticed there is a 10A fuse near the battery.  Could that have been my problem?  Its now at the dealer so I can not check it myself at this point.

Re: yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

mannyv
So I got the diagnosis from the dealer. It apparently need a new rotor and starter assembly at a cost of $1100. Not surer it's Worth it. Might just replace it instead of repairing it.

Re: yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

milwrandy
Look for another dealer. The chances of a permanent magnet rotor going bad are slim. The chances of the simple stator going bad is slim too, although it can occure. Someone that knows what they are doing needs to resistance check the stator that contains the main & sub coils. Then the generator needs to be run & voltages of the 2 coils needs to be checked. Does your green light go on? If it does your sub coil is producing control voltage. Good luck.

Re: yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

mannyv
This post was updated on .
Well I'm back at trying to fix this unit.  To milwrandy, no the green light does not come on.  I believe I need a new control unit/inverter.  However, I don't know which product number I need.  There are several out there.  My SN is 7CH-1301610 if any one can point me in the right direction.

Re: yahama generator ef3000iseb will not produce ac power

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Good Afternoon,
The Vin # you have provided decodes to this model.
You can view your parts using the link below, we ship worldwide !

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/yamahagenuineparts/showmodel.asp?Type=12&make=yamahaope&a=64&vehicleid=1900-Yamaha-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-EF3000ISEB

Best Regards

Stephen Kelly
Parts & Accessories
905-385-5977 Ext. 202
KellysCycleCentre.com | YamahaGenuineParts.com