moister in fuel gauge

Grunt
Yamaha 2400ishc Has moisture fogging up fuel gauge & is difficult to read. Does anyone else have this problem & or know how to remove the cover to clean out the moisture & prevent it from comming back ?

Thanx

Re: moister in fuel gauge

CycleRob
Grunt,
 I just checked on my (very similar design) EF2000iSC and I was able to partially remove the fuel gauge. The fuel gauge assembly is pressed into place, held there by its 2 sealing O-rings and the same rubber seal that also surrounds the fuel filler neck. After draining the fuel, peel up the rubber around the fuel gauge and filler opening, prying the whole filler neck rubber and fuel gauge assembly straight outward with all fingers on each hand. You then can choose non-destructive methods to take apart(?) or dry out the "moisture".