ef2000is

SantaAna12
Hello all....

I searched "ef2000is valve"  looking for info about valve clearance.  One thread listed the intake @ 0.15mm and the exhaust @ 0.20mm.  When I check my manual I am given a spec of: 0.07-0.12mm.

When checking the spec on my engine with a feeler gauge I am at 0.08mm.

My manual is the Yamaha service manual LIT-19616-01-53.

The closest Google search sent me to this forum.

The poster that uses the larger spec is quoted in several threads, and seems to be to be credible.
This is my first valve adjustment on my engine.  I wanted to double check my spec, due to what I read to be multiple versions--US vs. China--that might be different.  My generator was purchased in October of 2011.

Your input appreciated.

Re: ef2000is

Grumps
You will be just fine at .1mm ( .004in )

Re: ef2000is

SantaAna12
I take it that you think my spec is right.  Thanks Grump!