Yamaha ef600 running slow/low output voltages

SFW

Yamaha ef600 running slow/low output voltages

SFW
Hi guys, newbie here. I have the above genny which has recently developed a problem. After switching off engine to refuel it, upon restarting, the voltmeter needle appeared to stay only a quarter of the way up the scale. After reading the output voltages to confirm low output, I measured 7 v DC output and around 60v AC output. I also think the the genny is running slower than usual. I checked oil levels, stripped carb down, including jets, sparkplug appeared sooty but dry. Any ideas as I need genny running for my leisure batteries topping up. Thanks