Yamaha EF600 to power TV and laptop

Lawgen
Hi everyone,

I have a EF600 in top[ condition. Can anyone perhaps confirm whether I can power my laptop or TV directly from the gen.  or will it be necessary to connect a power regulator or surge suppressor. I would appreciate your advice.

Re: Yamaha EF600 to power TV and laptop

Bob555
since its old w/o an inverter it has risks!  try it, but it might fry ur devices!

Re: Yamaha EF600 to power TV and laptop

Lawgen
Is there  a regulator or some device that can be connected that  would stabilize the power to the TV?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 4:04 AM Bob555 [via Yamaha Generator Fan Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:
since its old w/o an inverter it has risks!  try it, but it might fry ur devices!

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/Yamaha-EF600-to-power-TV-and-laptop-tp2002p2004.html
To unsubscribe from Yamaha EF600 to power TV and laptop, click here.
NAML

Re: Yamaha EF600 to power TV and laptop

Birdfeedr
If the genny is in top condition, then it purrs along steady when running, so the frequency will be steady. A TV and laptop will not be changing load values excessively so voltage fluctuations are not so likely either.

The laptop has a power brick used to charge the battery. Often these bricks have a wide range of voltage input to yield the output needed for the laptop. You might need a magnifying glass to read the specs, but many are a single design for US and European power systems. If that's the case, the power brick accepts a range of input and does the regulating for the device.

If the TV uses a power brick, follow the same scrutiny to decide if there is risk. If there is simply a line power cord going to the TV, ability to tolerate fluctuations might be lower, but you'd need to look at the specs for the TV. Online manufacturer data is usually available. Search for the info by model number.

For some of my electronic equipment at home, I use a battery backup which kicks in if there is a power failure for no interruption in service. APC battery backups also serve to condition power line fluctuations.

But, I'd say you're probably ok running straight from the generator.