Yamaha EF2000i mifiring

theoldfart
Hi new to forum and desperately hoping someone can assist as we rely on the operation of our Yamaha generator for the power in our caravan whilst on the road for the ext 5 months.

Generator war running like clockwork. Got it out to hookup at our stop over last night and as usual kicked in =to life second pull of the chord. motor ticks over at idle an as usual faster with economy switched off. However when we switched on our 800w kettle the engine increased in revs but appeared to be missing and unable to achieve maximum revs which resulted in the overload kicking in. I ran the motor without anything plugged in and manually opened the throttle. Again the engine seemed to misfire and would not achieve maximum revs. Have checked the spark plug, air filter (also ran without filter but same problem), used fresh fuel, has plenty of oil, drained the carby float bowl and checked fuel flow. Still same problem. The generator is producing power at idle but cannot achieve the draw as it will not rev up sufficiently. This unit usually runs our roof mounted air-conditioner with ease but now it is flat out powering anything over 80w.
Your help would be appreciated

Re: Yamaha EF2000i mifiring

Grumps
I would check the spark arrestor in the exhaust . You don't say how many hours on the unit.

Re: Yamaha EF2000i mifiring

theoldfart
Thanks. Generator has done approximately 45 hours. Cleaned the exhaust but still the same problem.