Yamaha EF 100is - needs full choke to run

Yamaha EF 100is - needs full choke to run

Ken Nivala
My EF1000is needs the choke pulled completely out to run normal.  With the choke out it runs perfect.  I've followed the instructions from others on cleaning the carb.   Total disassembled and reassembled the carb.  Used carb cleaner and pressurized air.  There is a full gas supply going to the carb.  I'm stumped at this point.  I've had it running for 12 hours straight with a light load (choke pulled all the way out) and it operates perfect.  Any suggestions on what a next step would be ?  When the choke is pulled out the butterfly is completely closed at the carb throat.

Re: Yamaha EF 100is - needs full choke to run

Grumps
This post was updated on .
Ken
You have a plugged jet, take the pilot and main jets out and clean them again. The passages are so small sometimes it is just better to replace the jets. Careful that you don't enlarge the tiny holes when trying to clean them. Once you get it running again always empty the carburetor before you store the gen. Use no ethanol gas if you can. My gen. Is used only for possible power outages so any time I get it out to test it ( about every six months ) I use just enough Trufuel canned fuel to run about 30 minutes and let it run dry.

Here is something you could try
http://www.homedepot.com/p/VP-Fix-It-Fuel-with-Mechanic-In-A-Bottle-6635/206585492

Re: Yamaha EF 100is - needs full choke to run

Ken Nivala
Thanks for the good advice and quick response.  There was another jet that I was missing.  It's now cleaned and my EF1000 is running perfectly.  #whatarelief

You have a plugged jet, take the pilot and main jets out and clean them again. The passages are so small sometimes it is just better to replace the jets. Careful that you don't enlarge the tiny holes when trying to clean them. Once you get it running again always empty the carburetor before you store the gen. Use no ethanol gas if you can. My gen. Is used only for possible power outages so any time I get it out to test it ( about every six months ) I use just enough Trufuel canned fuel to run about 30 minutes and let it run dry.

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/Yamaha-EF-100is-needs-full-choke-to-run-tp1516p1517.html
To unsubscribe from Yamaha EF 100is - needs full choke to run, click here.
NAML