Where are the Generator servicing dealers?

Kip

Where are the Generator servicing dealers?

Kip
Been riding Yamaha bikes since the late 1960. Road bikes and dirt  bikes from 90cc-350cc.  A lot of pavement passed under the road bikes. A lot of mud, dirt, and rocky hill climbs passed under the others.

Other than for maintenance items, my only reason for dealer visits was for something that got broken in a crash while running a 50-70 mile enduro.  And I don't recall ever having to leave it there.

Move forward 50 years and I'm now 79 with a Yamaha EF6300iSED WITH 34 HOURS ON THE METER. It will not crank. This machine is important to us due to age,  health ,etc. It truly is here for emergencies. I did what I knew from motorcycle days. New spark plug, drain the month old Sta-Bil  treated  fuel and replace with Sea Foam treated fuel.

Still won't crank.

So I called the nearest Yamaha dealer. Even though they will sell me a Generator, they don't repair them.  To make matters worse, they don't know who does. I used Yamaha's  dealer finder and called  all that showed to Sell and Service  generators. They all said they don't repair them .  Now I'm dealing with Yamaha Generator customer Relations. The Cogs are turning slow. But hopefully some help will eventually trickle down.

Point being:  it is outrageous for a customer to have to go through all this to get a repair.  And not know if it is going to even happen .  Am I just stuck with a $4000 machine with 34hours use. That is doing nothing more than taking up space.

Kip

Re: Where are the Generator servicing dealers?

Luvbigiron
You are not alone.  I had the same problem here in Virginia.  Local Yamaha dealer isn't interested in generators other than selling them.  Mine is sitting in the shop unrepaired and is likely to stay that way.  No more Yamaha for me.  Totally worthless company.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM Kip [via Yamaha Generator Fan Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/Where-are-the-Generator-servicing-dealers-tp2085.html
To start a new topic under Yamaha Generator Fan Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Yamaha Generator Fan Club, click here.
NAML
Kip

Kip

Re: Where are the Generator servicing dealers?

Kip
In a nutshell, after several texts and a couple of phone calls, the last call was to inform me that her boss said it is the CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY to find somewhere to repair YAMAHA Generators. END