Was running, stopped, now won't start

Azjustlookn
Hello,

I have a ef3000iseb generator. It's a 2012 and I bought it used. I was using it this weekend and it was running great. Then it sputtered like it ran out of fuel. I went and added fuel but now it won't start at all. I can pull the cord and it turns over just fine. I checked the oil and it is not low. The key no longer does anything. It's like the starting system has went out and there is no spark to make it run. What can I check or are there any little tricks to try to test it. We were able to get a small battery pack and touch the starter. It will crank over but it just will not start.

Re: Was running, stopped, now won't start

calico
Do what i consider the basics.Your eyes are the best problem finders.Fuses or fusable links if any.Take off as much of the shrouds/plastic covers as you can off and make sure every electrical connector is plugged in all the way and connections are tight.Ground wires to engine and or frame are tight.And look for corrosion around connections.Rub throughs on wire harnesses too.If you do not find anything then usually a service manual is next-good luck