Removing Fuel Gauge From Fuel Tank - EF2600

Removing Fuel Gauge From Fuel Tank - EF2600

Meanderthal
The inside of my Fuel Tank has some rust so I'm treating it with a POR15 Tank Repair Kit. The POR15 instructions state that prior to treatment, all fittings such as petcock, floats, gauges etc, should be removed. Is it possible to successfully remove/reinstall the Fuel Gauge assembly?  I'm guessing that if not removed, the Tank Sealer will set hard around the Float Arm joints and render the Gauge inoperative.

Re: Removing Fuel Gauge From Fuel Tank - EF2600

Meanderthal
Further to above post, removal of the Fuel Gauge turned out to be quite straight forward. Lubricated around edge of Gauge with CRC (left it to work in overnight), then prised out the Gauge with 2 screwdrivers working around the edge. It popped out without too much effort. The Gauge was held in place by concentric rings on a black rubber boot - see photo below.

Re: Removing Fuel Gauge From Fuel Tank - EF2600

Dgr146
Thanks for the removal procedure update. What is CRC?