My carb can't be doing what it's doing, so why is it doing it?

My carb can't be doing what it's doing, so why is it doing it?

Wildernessbob
I have a ef3000ies generator, not that it really matters, and I have a problem that I don't think can actually be answered, but here it goes, might as well get comfy people. The last time I used my generator it was flooding so I pealed the thing apart and removed the carb. I had a close look at the float and it seems fine, no cracks, no fuel in it. I weighed the float and it was 3.57g but couldn't find an specs for it. Had a look at the needle and seat and both looked fine. If I gently lift the float with my finger so that the needle closes under it's own spring tension and blow in the fuel line it closes off nicely and I can't blow through. So I assembled it and clamped the carb in the vise, level in both directions, and poured fuel in the fuel line, which then flowed just as quickly out of the throat. If I tip the cab gently so the float closes the needle under it's own weight and blow it closes off. So I got a new float and needle, the float weighs 3.52g by the way' 5/100ths of a gram lighter which is nothing. I created a gizmo that allows me to suspend the carb without the float bowl, over a glass bowl. I add fuel slowly to the bowl as I blow in the fuel line, when the float rises and gets parallel to the carb bottom the needle closes and I can't blow any more. Perfect. So on goes the float bowl and into the vise, pour in some fuel and out the throat it comes. The bowl is in pristine condition. Nothing has been damaged or bent. I have tapped the bowl while filling it with fuel in the hopes that the float is somehow stuck, nada. So there it is and like I said, it can't be doing what its doing, but it is. Any thoughts would at least be amusing.
Heath