Help needed Yamaha EF5200 Generator

Cottage life for me !
I just found your site and was hoping you can help me. when we  purchased a cottage in Northern Ontario and it came with a Yamaha generator am not sure what year or anything but it says yamaha EF5200 on it. last few years it worked great but this year its really hard to start and will not run well ?
It sits all winter and only gets used in the summer months, its quite big and heavy and we do not want to lug it around to much can you tell us what to do.

Re: Help needed Yamaha EF5200 Generator

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
It sounds like your EF5200 has been stored with old fuel in it. If this is the case,its an easy fix. You will have to remove the carburetor and disassemble it for cleaning, be sure to take note of how it comes apart so you can easily reassemble it. When you have it apart, remove all the inside parts, even the small screw in jets and soak in combustion chamber cleaner.This is stronger than gasoline and will clean much better. When its all clean be sure to blow out all the holes an orffices to insure good fuel flow and reassemble. When its all ready to go back on the generator be sure to drain all the old fuel and start with fresh fuel. When not using your Generator always turn the fuel tap off and run the carb dry so you have no fuel left in it. then add fuel stabilzer to the fuel tank to keep the fuel fresh during the summer months also keeping the fuel tank full prevents the formation of rust on the inside.  I have included a carb picture to help you along.

Oh and if you are moving your Yamaha Generator around from time to time you might want to consider a Yamaha Generator wheel kit as shown below, we stock them.

YamahaGenuineParts.com
1-877-414-0404
email  "info@yamahagenuineparts.com"