Help need info on an EF 1000 carb emulsion tube

Help need info on an EF 1000 carb emulsion tube

Bob I
Hi I have a 1994 Yamaha EF 1000 and I went to change my pilot jet and while I was at it I took out my main jet and below that is the emulsion tube. I turned the carb upside down and the emulsion tube came out. I am wondering is it broken? There are no threads on it at the bottom. Is it just the main jet that comes in from the side the only thing that keeps it in the carb? The emulsion tube that came out is 3/4 of an inch long. If it is broken any ideas how to get the broken piece unthreaded? It is down in a brass hole that is a narrow I.D. Thanks for any help I don't want to buy a new carb. The emulsion tube is #14 on the parts diagram and it is not a very good picture of it.  P.S. on the parts fiche it is called nozzle main instead of (emulsion tube). In the fiche it shows 3 holes per side on the nozzle, mine has 2 per side.

Re: Help need info on an EF 1000 carb emulsion tube

Grumps
Here is the only part # I could find for the nozzle and a picture. Looks like there are threads up inside the carb.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-7FL-14941-2H-00.html

Re: Help need info on an EF 1000 carb emulsion tube

Bob I
Thanks for that picture. Yep mine is broken. Now to try and get out the broken piece. I just ordered a left hand drill index and I will try to drill it out with the 1/64 size drill. Should be fun.

Re: Help need info on an EF 1000 carb emulsion tube

Grumps
 You might try using a small rod and taper the end enough to tap it inside the threaded portion then try twisting it out. My concern would be getting any drill shavings in there.  Good luck !