Has anyone installed a Lifepo lithium battery in their generator?

Has anyone installed a Lifepo lithium battery in their generator?

notslow
I need a new battery for my ef3000iseb and I was considering a shorai battery since they hold up better to intermittent use/standby than the sealed lead acid batteries.  Has anyone installed one in their generator?  Seems like a good place for one if your generator goes unused for a month or two at a time. Anyone know if it's been tried?

Re: Has anyone installed a Lifepo lithium battery in their generator?

Wildernessbob
I have the same genni and mine will go all summer without starting with no issue. A good quality battery matters. Lipo batteries require very particular charge monitors and cannot be switched out with any other type of battery unless they have a built-in monitor and are intended to be used in place on another type. They can't simply be used instead. Be very careful. Lipos are very dangerous if not handled correctly. Save some money and buy a premium lead acid battery, though not a deal cycle one and it will perform perfectly even if ignored for months at a time.