Ef3000esbi dies with big load

Bwalls6488
Hi, I'm new to site and was hoping to get some advice regarding my unit.  When I try to run a 120v Lincoln welder (pro mig 135) the generator will die as soon as I start welding.  Does not trip the breaker.  Lincoln electric said it would probably be approximately 20 amp draw. I would expect the generator to decrease rpm and try to power it on but it  stalls.  I don't know much about generators....is this just too much of a start up load for this unit or would it indicate there's a problem with the generator?  It's an older unit and does smoke fairly bad on initial start up.  The welder does fine when plugged into household current so I doubt the problems with it.

Any advice or help is appreciated.  Also, can anybody advise where I can get the blue touch up paint?

Thank you.