Ef2400is surging and it's not the carb

Dukeshow
Hi I need some help please before I spend the money on a new control box. My 2400 is surging even with no load on it. I looked at the carb and the control box is making it surge. Could it be the box or rectifier? Please help

Re: Ef2400is surging and it's not the carb

CycleRob
This post was updated on .
Dukeshow, You said:
"I looked at the carb and the control box is making it surge".

 Incorrect. The control box is using the throttle control motor to accurately maintain the electrical power required by regulating the engine RPM, while the too lean carb, getting more throttle opening to maintain the needed RPM only delivers a weak or unresponsive RPM change . . . CAUSING the surge when the engine finally responds. If you watch the throttle action, you'll see and hear slightly rougher running just before and as the throttle plate is increasing. Try very slowly putting the choke on as it is surging and you'll find it smooths out. Also, you cannot run the engine with ANY of the panels removed and expect it to run correctly as air flow and positive/negative air pressure is calibrated with all the panels in place.

 Additionally, Has the fuel cap vent been opened when running it? I also have forgot it once (or twice).

 You need a carb pilot jet orifice cleaning, especially if E10 Ethanol fuel is used, even when always using a fuel stabilizer additive. BTDT.

Re: Ef2400is surging and it's not the carb

Dukeshow
I have just done the pilot jet and it ran the same,if I unplug the control box it engine runs fine

"I looked at the carb and the control box is making it surge".

 Incorrect. The control box is using the throttle control motor to accurately maintain the electrical power required by regulating the engine RPM, while the too lean carb, getting more throttle opening to maintain the needed RPM only delivers a weak or unresponsive RPM change . . . CAUSING the surge when the engine finally responds.

Additionally, Has the fuel cap vent been opened when running it? I also have forgot it once (or twice).

 You need a carb pilot jet orifice cleaning, especially if E10 Ethanol fuel is used, even when always using a fuel stabilizer additive. BTDT.

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/Ef2400is-surging-and-it-s-not-the-carb-tp1411p1418.html
To unsubscribe from Ef2400is surging and it's not the carb, click here.
NAML

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmittal, including any attachment, is privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are neither the intended recipient nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this transmittal from any computer or other data bank.