Ef1000is muffler

knotworkin198
Loaned my genie to a buddy for weekend came back with spark arrester missing ,be must have struck on something,clamp fell off and arrester disappeared or I guess it blew out.When I run it now looks like black oily  fiberglass cloth  dancing around inside with some small pieces coming out of muffler.Any idea on what this is .He has a new arrester and clamp ordered for me but need to use till receive .

Re: Ef1000is muffler

Bmb779
Sounds like the glass fibre sound deadening from the muffler itself.

Re: Ef1000is muffler

It's OK to use the genny without the spark arrestor, just be sure to choose a non flammable location to run it. I remember that it sounded kinda nice without the arrestor in place.