EF6600DEX

Rotac
I have just acquired a 15 year old Yamaha EF6600DEX.  I can't seem to find a manual for it on line and can only find the EF6600DE manual.  Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the DE and the DEX.

I was also trying to find out how to choke it to start it manually but couldn't find anything on line.  It doesn't have a Manual Choke lever.

It starts well with the battery but won't start cold with the pull start.  I will take the carb apart after Christmas and clean it well and that may help as it has sat for several years without being used.  I'll change the plug and oil to synthetic at the same time.

Any other suggestions that anyone may have I'd greatly appreciate as I will be using this as our house backup system.

Ken
Ontario, Canada

Re: EF6600DEX

CycleRob
Rotac,
 The DEX has an Electric+Vacuum operated automatic choke -and- the DX model has a manual choke.
 Not starting on the recoil starter must mean there is a problem with the vacuum dashpot not allowing the choke to close completely with a cold engine. It may be doing the same thing on the electric starter, but since that cranks the motor faster than the recoil starter can, the partially open choke will matter less. Work the choke full travel by hand to diagnose the lack of full travel by applying a vacuum to the disconnected rubber hose end opposite of the portion connected to the choke's actuator dashpot.