EF6600DE Propane to Gas

Farnsee
I have installed a carburetor  on this generator. I could get it to start and it immediately shut down. I have disconnected the carburetor fuel solenoid and it runs perfectly, As soon as I connect the solenoid up it quits. Any idea how it is suppose to work?

Also I have the propane parts available if anybody wanted them .

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

Gary
Hi Farnsee,
Just curious as to why you changed your generator from LP to gas? I have a EF6600DEX that I want to run on LP. I have a large torpedo tank of LP that I will connect to the generator so I would't have to run around looking for fuel when the power goes out.  Sorry I can't help you with your conversion. I am however interested in your parts you removed to be able to run on propane. How much are you asking for them and where are you located.
Thanks,
Gary

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

Farnsee
  Another member has contacted me and we are planning on exchanging fixtures as he is looking for a unit in the RV .

I live in Canada ,
The previous owner couldn't make the unit run in extreme cold as the pressure was low in the tank. Normally I need the unit in Ice Storms and propane would be brutal to find never mind gas . I cant keep it running long enough as I can be looking at an extended time frame..

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

shooter 51
Just for an update, The proposed exchange of gas for LPG parts just didn't work out. he still has his propane, I still have my gas setup.

 What I need now is a source and part number for a gas to LPG conversion kit. My genset is still going on my RV tow rig with a 30 gal LPG tank. That's enough Propane for some extended boondocking, even in cold weather.

The way my roadhouse is set up, propane/ genset makes hot water, cold air, light, cooks, chills stuff, charges all the battery's, (much quicker than solar) runs the portable BBQ and ads a certain warm fuzzy to the itinerant lifestyle.

The 6600 makes 30 amp's @120 VAC I can run the whole shootin' match off the grid.

Truck is diesel so I really don't want to carry gasoline, just for the generator.

As usual, comments, suggestions, horror stories and plain old smart azzed comments are welcomed.
Thanks, Paul

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

shooter 51
Helloooooooooo, tap, tap, squeeeeeeeel, is this thing on?

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

shooter 51
Helooooooooo, it's me again.

Has nobody ever converted a 6600 to propane before?, or did I miss bath month again?
 Please, somebody, talk to me. I promise I'll play nice...

Paul in Floriduh

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

Grumps
Have you looked at US carburation ? They have conversion kits for many generator models.

Re: EF6600DE Propane to Gas

shooter 51
Thanks Grumps, I found that site confusing and a bit over whelming. I think I'll call the 800 number tomorrow and talk to a real live human. I know this ain't rocket surgery, but I want to do this right the first time. Person to person will help me.
Thanks again, I'd really like to talk to someone that has done this conversion with their own hands, it helps me to avoid the stupid mistakes...

Paul in Floriduh