EF3000ise oil level light staying on.

Bmb779
Hi,new member here, I have recently purchased a used ef3000ise,during my original assessment of it I noticed that the warning lights and pilot lights were broken,during a strip down to re spray the panels I replaced the three warning lights,the problem I now have is the oil level light does not flicker,but remains constantly on when engine is running despite having changed the oil and filled to correct level. The pilot lamp comes on after a few seconds and I can make the overload light come on by deliberately overloading it. Anyone any ideas,generator operates lovely apart from that.

Re: EF3000ise oil level light staying on.

CycleRob
Bmb779,
 There has to be either an incorrect wire connection (polarity?) or a wire that is grounded out in a pinch or abrasion against metal. If the low oil sender was activated by an actual low oil level, the ignition coil would be turned off, so it has to be the hook-up wires or unnoticed damage that occurred when the indicator lights were damaged.

Re: EF3000ise oil level light staying on.

Bmb779
CycleRob
I checked over the wiring connections and I had crossed over the wires when I soldered the new led in.Corrected wiring now perfect.
Is there a cure for the engine surging on low setting?
Thanks for your help I nearly bought an oil level sensor last night,I get my parts from the USA as they are more readily available and cheaper than the UK and that includes postage.

Sent from my iPad

On 19 Dec 2015, at 23:36, CycleRob [via Yamaha Generator Fan Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Bmb779,
 There has to be either an incorrect wire connection (polarity?) or a wire that is grounded out in a pinch or abrasion against metal. If the low oil sender was activated by an actual low oil level, the ignition coil would be turned off, so it has to be the hook-up wires or unnoticed damage that occurred when the indicator lights were damaged.

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/EF3000ise-oil-level-light-staying-on-tp1311p1312.html
To unsubscribe from EF3000ise oil level light staying on., click here.
NAML