EF3000iSEB Low (85-90) AC Voltage Output

EF3000iSEB Low (85-90) AC Voltage Output

terrydk
My EF3000ISEB has run flawlessly for almost 10 years but last fall started putting out 85-90 VAC.  It runs fine otherwise, no change in RPMS.  Anyone out there have any insight on what the repair would be?  New stator and rotor or is there a voltage regulator that could be causing the problem?

In looking at the prices for a stator and rotor and the labor to R/R not sure that repairing this one would be my best choice.

Thanks

Re: EF3000iSEB Low (85-90) AC Voltage Output

Mikey
Did you ever figure out how to fix your inverter?  I have the same problem with mine.  I suspect it's the control unit.  But at $800.00 I don't want to make a costly mistake.  All the dealers Ive spoke to don't know much or are very reluctant to talk to me.  Have you made any progress on your repair>   Thanks...Mike 505-401-6595

RE: EF3000iSEB Low (85-90) AC Voltage Output

terrydk

No, I decided that I wasn’t going to start dumping money into it just guessing what it might be.  I instead picked up a Smarter Tools AP-2000iQ from Costco for I think it was $550.  Much easier to handle and two of them can be connected together to get the same output power as the Yamaha ISB.  These also have a Yamaha motor and run very quiet.  Other than missing the wireless remote control I had on the ISB I haven’t regretted the switch.

Did you ever figure out how to fix your inverter?  I have the same problem with mine.  I suspect it's the control unit.  But at $800.00 I don't want to make a costly mistake.  All the dealers Ive spoke to don't know much or are very reluctant to talk to me.  Have you made any progress on your repair>   Thanks...Mike 505-401-6595

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/EF3000iSEB-Low-85-90-AC-Voltage-Output-tp1076p1617.html

To unsubscribe from EF3000iSEB Low (85-90) AC Voltage Output, click here.
NAML

RE: EF3000iSEB Low (85-90) AC Voltage Output

Mikey
Thanks for the quick reply, Terry.  I'm also giving up on the Yamaha.  Seems to me that when they are in working order they are great but when there's a problem parts and help are very hard and expensive to get.  I just bought the Predator 3500 from Harbor Freight for $649.99.  I am surprised at how good it works and it"s much lighter than the Yamaha ef3000iseb.  By purchasing the insurance for $79.00, I can take it back any time and get a new one, no questions asked. Good luck to you and thanks again...Mikey

No, I decided that I wasn't going to start dumping money into it just guessing what it might be.  I instead picked up a Smarter Tools AP-2000iQ from Costco for I think it was $550.  Much easier to handle and two of them can be connected together to get the same output power as the Yamaha ISB.  These also have a Yamaha motor and run very quiet.  Other than missing the wireless remote control I had on the ISB I haven't regretted the switch.

Did you ever figure out how to fix your inverter?  I have the same problem with mine.  I suspect it's the control unit.  But at $800.00 I don't want to make a costly mistake.  All the dealers Ive spoke to don't know much or are very reluctant to talk to me.  Have you made any progress on your repair>   Thanks...Mike 505-401-6595
NAML<
http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>