EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

mitchwilliams
What do the green and red LED lights located on the circuit board directly under the valve cover indicate?  I have two of these generators which are performing just fine, as far as I can tell.  The red LED is illuminated when the generators are running with the econ switch on or off.  I have only looked at the lights with the generators running with no load.  I don't know which LED illuninates under a load.
Since the generators both operate normally this is a curiosity issue, but red is generally not good.
Thanks
Mitch

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Yamaha EF3000i Generator....from Lt to Rt
First red light is "oil" if it is flashing this indicates low oil level.
When it is on steady...you need oil Now ! if you let the oil level drop even further the low oil level switch will shut the generator down by stopping the spark from the ignition.When you investigate to see why it will not run you will see there is not sufficent oil to lubricate the motor.
To check the oil level, on level ground, oil should be at the bottom of the fill hole.Check prior to starting the generator.
Green light should be on all the time when running with no problems.
Other Red light is for system overload (to many things connected or exceeds the generators capacity).
Any other questions just post..Good Luck

Thanks, but wrong lights.  The red and green LEDs I'm talking about are inside the cover, directly under the valve cover.  You have to remove the panel on the rear of the generator to view them,  They are on a circuit board and are NOT on the front cover of the unit.
Thanks for the speedy reply, though :)

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Let me go and lend my eyes to one of these and have a look, I will get back to you on this.

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

mitchwilliams
Find out anything?

Administrator
I have no further info on this, as of this time, however I am still looking into it....stay tuned.

Hi Mitch, can you please provide me the vin # for your EF3000i with Boost.

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

mitchwilliams
7CH 205846, but don't spend any time on it.  I've got a maintenance manual on order.
Thanks

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

MXTex
Mitch, I scanned the service manual and found this control board to be called the 'power unit'.  This component is included on the boost models yet is not included on the non-boost units.  I haven't been able to find the meaning of the green and red lights yet.  Perhaps red means it's not in boost mode and green means it is?

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

mitchwilliams
Could be.  We're racing this weekend.  I'll watch it in action and see what the lights do when the a/c cycles on and off.

Re: EF3000iSEB Green/Red Lights

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Hello again Mitch, We just prepped an EF3000iSEB.
With the rear cover removed and the generator running in both regular and economy mode only the green light is illuminated on the rear power unit.
We were very carefull to ensure we had a good strong battery fully charged with the correct acid.
If you have a redlight on instead of the green light I would suggest you take it back to the dealer while it is still under warranty for further investigation.
Hope this helps you and sorry about the delay in getting back to you.
Regards
Speedy