EF2400

Luvbigiron
My high current EF2400 starts and runs but at such a low speed that the generator green light won't come on.  It has a new carburetor, new spark plug and fresh oil.  It took a beating on a trip to Alaska last summer but ran great until one night it started running so rich that it died and nothing but problems since.  I replaced the float valve, then after no luck I bought a new carb. with a new throttle servo and now it doesn't run rich but it hardly runs at all.  I've pulled it apart looking for any loose or broken wires but found nothing that looks suspicious.  The exhaust pipe and muffler is very carboned up.  I removed the disk but not the wire mesh inside the muffler.  This did not help.  Also adjusted the valves.  Was wondering if the control module could be bad and if there is a place it could be sent for testing.  The module cost more than the generator so I guess if it's bad the generator is headed for the scrap heap.

Re: EF2400

Dave Jones
Only for need of ruling it out.  The gasoline you're testing your problem EF2400 (generator) with is fresh,  i.e. less than 6 months old since you purchased it, correct?

Re: EF2400

Luvbigiron
Yes, gasoline is fresh.  I pulled the chassis completely apart looking for any electrical connections that might be loose.  Everything looks like new.  The muffler is really carboned up when the float valve failed so I'm wondering if the engine just can't breathe.  I'm going to run it without the muffler to see.

Thanks.

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Dave Jones [via Yamaha Generator Fan Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Only for need of ruling it out.  The gasoline you're testing your problem EF2400 (generator) with is fresh,  i.e. less than 6 months old since you purchased it, correct?

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/EF2400-tp1703p1705.html
To start a new topic under Yamaha Generator Fan Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Yamaha Generator Fan Club, click here.
NAML