EF2000IS Carb clogged up and service manual

EF2000IS Carb clogged up and service manual

ratman
Hey guys,
     I've got the classic clogged carb.  Starts great but I have to run it with some choke to stop the surging.  No amount of carb spay will get the clog out.  What I want to do is get the service manual for it so I can find the Jet locations and make sure they are clean.  Going to try some seafoam tomorrow too.  I can't seem to find the service manual online.  Does anyone know where to get it?

Re: EF2000IS Carb clogged up and service manual

CycleRob
ratman,
 I have both the EF1000iS and EF2000iS models, but only carb pics for the 1,000W model. I just checked the EF2000iS carb with a hidden peek deep inside after the service panel removal and it has a different screw and sealing washer method to access the pilot jet, but it is in the same location on top of the carb body like the EF1000iS Carb Pic link below takes you to. Loosen the usually very tight Aluminum washered steel screw to access with a QUALITY Phillips screwdriver. Then look down inside the threaded hole and use a flat blade screwdriver that barely fits the opening to loosen the brass pilot jet. I have a dedicated pilot jet screwdriver where the normal wider "flare" of the flat blade portion has been ground off so the blade fitting into the jet is of maximum width. DO NOT attempt loosening the outer Phillips or inner brass pilot jet unless you have really good, correctly sized screwdrivers, because if you mess up the usually very tight steel screw or brass jet slots . . .  it will be expen$ive to repair/replace.
Carb Pic

BTW, the jet's metering orifice is at the face of the small end of the jet. Be very careful in choosing wire strands or very tiny needles to mechanically clean the orifice by rotating them as you could have them jam and break off inside the opening!!

Re: EF2000IS Carb clogged up and service manual

GErickson
I got a PDF manual for my EF1000IS on eBay 5 years ago, but I'm not finding them today with a quick search. However, the manual didn't have much more than parts diagrams, the same as at the following sites, and I've seen better procedures and info on this site. Here are links for parts diagrams for the EF2000IS: here and here.