EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

greenman368
I know there is other threads on this but i wanted to get a little reassurance as I'm waiting for parts to arrive in the mail so i have cleaned the carb all the jets seem to be clear and free of any buildup and am still getting a surge i have sprayed starting fluid around the back side of the carburetor and the motor speed changes so I'm pretty sure i have a bad gasket so i ordered all new ones and they should be coming i checked the valve clearance and those look good i have also tested the throttle control motor and it ohms out fine is there anything that I'm missing or something i should check that i have not mentioned one thing i didn't check was the float needle but i didn't think that could cause my issue correct me if I'm wrong also i is there a write up on where to set the idle screw when i change from normal mode to eco mode it takes it 20 seconds to so to drop down when before it was pretty fast also when i switch from eco mode to normal mode it takes longer to get up to speed the throttle response seems to be very sluggish could this be caused by the air leak thank you in advance I'm just trying to get some reassurance before the parts arrive or if i should order more parts hopefully not

Re: EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

truthlighting
Did you ever figure out the solution to this problem?

Re: EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

Max lodge
Righto fellas I have a ef1000is and its surging in Eco and non Eco I have had the carby apart cleaned all jets 5 times put new gaskets on still the same problem if I take the throttle controller off it doesn't surge but has a miss I have a video of it when it's running but it won't let me post it help would be awsome before I throw it in the bin

Re: EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

greenman368
I did the same thing cleaned it new gaskets new jets and it wouldn't go away I had a friend help me we retuned the carb which I know ur not soposed to do but we did it anyways it still did it I checked the idle control motor and it tested good everything tested fine I still don't know what fixed it cause all of that didn't one day it just started running perfect I'm thinking maybe the vent tube on the carb was clogged starving it for fuel by the way I took it to a authorized Yamaha dealer and they couldn't figure it out so they were nice enough not to charge me why don't u upload a video to YouTube so I can see if it is doing the same thing as mine did

Re: EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

Max lodge

Video.MOV (4M) Download Attachment
ATT00001.htm (3K) Download Attachment

Re: EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

CycleRob
Max, I watched the video and it sure is surging. That is caused by a torn carb manifold gasket (sucking in air) -or- unevenly tightened carb mount nuts (sucking in air) -or- a too lean pilot jet (with the fuel metering jet opening reduced by slime) and/or a too lean pilot screw setting. Try turning the pilot screw CCW (loosen) until it stops cycling. If you hit the EPA limiter stop and it still does not stop the cycling, the pilot jet needs the very-very tiny fuel metering hole in the end cleaned. Mechanically cleaning it with wire is risky as the opening is so small that even a custom tapered steel wire can get jammed in place and break off (don't ask!).

Re: EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode

Max lodge
I have put new gaskets  on it I've played around with the piolet screw it dissent seem to change how it runs could it be sucking air through the throttle shaft?

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Mar 2017, at 1:09 PM, CycleRob [via Yamaha Generator Fan Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Max, I watched the video and it sure is surging. That is caused by a torn carb manifold gasket (sucking in air) -or- unevenly tightened carb mount nuts (sucking in air) -or- a too lean pilot jet (with the fuel metering jet opening reduced by slime) and/or a too lean pilot screw setting. Try turning the pilot screw CCW (loosen) until it stops cycling. If you hit the EPA limiter stop and it still does not stop the cycling, the pilot jet needs the very-very tiny fuel metering hole in the end cleaned. Mechanically cleaning it with wire is risky as the opening is so small that even a custom tapered steel wire can get jammed in place and break off (don't ask!).

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/EF1000is-surging-on-eco-mode-and-off-eco-mode-tp1434p1531.html
To unsubscribe from EF1000is surging on eco mode and off eco mode, click here.
NAML