EF1000iS

James 88
I own a Yamaha EF1000iS Generator and it runs Great with the Choke on halfway. The Carb. is new .But when I take the Motor Unit
7CF-81802-09-00 off it runs Super with choke off.Is it a possibility this is Bad?
When running and looking at the switch it is Hunting all the time. I would hate to purchace this part and not work...
Thanks So Much in Helping ...James

Re: EF1000iS

CycleRob
James 88,
The rpm  throttle cycling means the stepping motor is working in that it is trying to attain RPM stability by working the throttle butterfly. Just because it is a new carb doesn't mean it is perfect. Adjusting the pilot mixture screw is necessary.

My Question: Did you install the electronic throttle stepping motor correctly onto the new carb's throttle shaft tab -and- push the throttle to the full throttle stop* before you started the engine?

*as stated by service manual

Re: EF1000iS

James 88

Thanks I fixed it a while back

On 3/11/2019 8:54 PM, CycleRob [via Yamaha Generator Fan Club] wrote:
James 88,
The rpm  throttle cycling means the stepping motor is working in that it is trying to attain RPM stability by working the throttle butterfly. Just because it is a new carb doesn't mean it is perfect. Adjusting the pilot mixture screw is necessary.

My Question: Did you install the electronic throttle stepping motor correctly onto the new carb's throttle shaft tab -and- push the throttle to the full throttle stop* before you started the engine?

*as stated by service manual

http://yamaha-generator-fan-club.10967.n7.nabble.com/EF1000iS-tp1896p1897.html
To unsubscribe from EF1000iS, click here.
NAML