EF1000 gas flow problem

jdavignon
I have an EF1000 generator that ran flawlessly until the starter rope broke. I had a local mechanic replace the starter rope.  Afterwards it was very hard to start.  I performed a thorough maintenance including new plug, new oil, clean filters etc.  The engine will now start but as it runs gas is flowing out the bottom of the unit.  I have not been able to find the source of this overflow.  In addition I do not know of any reputable mechanic in the area (Boston, MA) that services small generators.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to the cause of this problem.

Joe

Re: EF1000 gas flow problem

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Hello, it is possible that the carburetor is overflowing.
If you can see it coming out of the carb side vent line, then, tap it on the side gently with a screw driver end to jar the needle and stop the flow of fuel to the carb.If this persists then you will have to remove the carb for a through cleaning (This means the needle assembly is getting stuck open )
Another place to check is that the float bowl is snugged up securely by the one main bolt and not leaking at the bowl gasket.
Speedy

Re: EF1000 gas flow problem

jdavignon
Great ideas,  I will remove the casing and test this out.  It is very likly you are correct because the choke is normally pulled out to start the generator and this may be the reason the needle is sticking.

Joe