Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

beachbum
I bought an EF6300 last winter, and having had to move it several times, the lack of swivel casters is a real pain.  I have a bad back, so having to constantly lift one end of this 200lb unit to change direction is killing my back.  Why Yamaha didn't include two swivel casters is beyond me!

So now I'm looking to either buy some sort of cart, or build one, that has swivel castors to make moving a lot easier.  Has anyone purchased a cart, or built one?  If so, can you provide the details as to what you used?  I'd like to keep the cart as small as possible so it doesn't take up a lot of room in my small garage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

Grumps
See if this video would help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te6cVtub_q8

Re: Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Hello....I hear you on this one, its a big guy.
Here is the Yamaha generator wheel kit $170.00 in stock ships next day.
You can email us at "info@yamahagenuineparts.com" be sure to include your location and we can get you a complete quote including shipping to your door..... so you can rest your back.
Speedy

www.YamahaGenuineParts.com

Re: Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

BSHGTO
what I did was very simple and cheap, just go to Lowes and buy a furniture cart for 20.00 bucks, set it on it and you can move the Gen in all four directions with ease
Kip

Re: Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

Kip
I hear ya and fully understand.

Mine has be moved 100' +/- across grass. From an outbuilding to the covered patio where it will be used. Those tiny, non swiveling, narrow wheels present serious problems if the ground is soft from rain or covered with ice or snow. And of course lifting and shifting, for steering, present their own challenges.

I'm in the process of building a wagon/cart as a permanent resting place for the Gen.
Started out with this one because I want the "Automotive" type of steering, instead of the "Yoke" type, so the front wheels stay under the corners. Of course there will need to be "Chocks" to keep the gen from rolling or shifting.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_427456_427456

My biggest concern is that the ground has some small dips and the Gen will be "Perched" 12"-14" off the ground, on the wagon. Will it tip over???

What in the world is Yamaha thinking with this design.
Kip
Kip

Kip

Re: Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

Kip
The above cart is rough to say the least, but functional.

The rear wheels are from Harbor freight. I wanted a wider stance to keep it from tipping on somewhat rough ground. The rear cart wheel I didn't use will go to make a wagon for my wife to pull her gardening stuff around the yard.

The 10' pneumatic tires make a huge difference in the way the gen can be transported.
Hope this will help you!

Kip

Re: Cart for Yamaha Ef6300iSDE

Kdub
Steel cart

Before I finished the welds and painted.