Age of my generator?

stagalv
Newbie here.  I bought a used Yamaha YG2800i and wanted to ask a few questions.

First how can I find out how old this unit is?  As best I can tell the serial number is 7VU- 241176.

I learned that after this model was made it was changed to be called an EF2800i but the only differences I see are that the YG as a GFCI outlet and the EF doesn't.  Are there other differences?  Are parts interchangable?

Also I found that the foam air filter was in a terrible shape and it looks like fragments of it must have been sucked into the carburetor area.  It starts and runs but begins to surge and I'm guessing carb issues. Are carb rebuild kits available, I can't find one online.

Thanks!

Re: Age of my generator?

George
To be honest I don't know the age but there was a difference between the EF and YG model. I believe it was the GFIC with the YG being more for commerical. I have the YG2800i that I bought for RV and now backup generator for home use. These were never cheap but it has never failed me either, well worth repairing, I converted mine to propane, sixteen solid hours 1/2 load on a #20.