3000iseb low oil sender location

12

3000iseb low oil sender location

ondahook
Finally found my sputtering problem by searching this site-it's not the carb at all after taking it off three times and cleaning it....its the low oil sender-I disconnected the blue wire when it started sputtering and it picked right up and ran fine. Now, where is the sender located??

Thanks
Bob

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
I don't have an answer for y'all but where is the blue wire that was disconnected ?????
thanks

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

ondahook
Located in the oil compartment (dipstick, fill area) on the front. The wire is on the upper left side and has a quick disconnect

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Thanks. I think i have the same problem as what's going on with your unit. I also am waiting for the answer as to where the sending unit is located. I have mine disassembled and cannot see any unit. I think it may be inside the casing

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

ondahook
just curious..........are you in a hot climate?? (I get the cracker but that's not why I'm asking) I live in florida and it "seems" that this problem is compounded by the heat-I use it on a boat and it seems to get better at night but during the day after about a 1/2 hour it starts the sputtering. It has gotten worse in the last few months. I have removed the gas tank & cleaned, added an inline filter, removed and cleaned the carb 3 times and finally yesterday I pulled the wire loose that goes to the sender while it was sputtering and it picked up and ran fine. I have been racking my brain for 3 months to find the problem, figuring the sender, if bad, would shut down the motor not make it run as it did....guess I was wrong.

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Yup, live in south Florida. I just tried to replace the inline filter from Yamaha along with new fuel lines. I had an inline filter with the glass so y'all could see whats in the filter but it never filled up so i thought i compounded the problem and hence replacing all the fuel lines . It made no difference. But my problem sounds like your problem with the studdering and since the oil light flashes it could be it. Went out to take a look but the rain here today has been out of hand. A monsoon. Have to wait until it clears .

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Try this site for parts. It's listed under the "magnito". Look at the grommet on the wire.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/parts/home.aspx

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

ondahook
Been there-I think that's the part but I don't want to order it unless I know for sure. Whats your take on the grommet?

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
That's the part as far as i'm concerned. BUT where is it located. I think it's inside the casing and i think the grommet is where it seals the wire coming thru the housing to the outside. Only a guess but without someone who has been there  ??????

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Ondahook,
 Is the wire the small blue that connects to a larger black that goes behind the starter to who knows where  by means of a small plug in type connector ???
thanks

Well I'm hoping that the grommet is just holding the wire to the frame or similar.....if its too much a pain in the ass to change the sender I'll just run it without the sender and just keep an eye on the oil level like we used to do in the "Old Days" before they put the low oil shut-downs on.  :):)

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Was my question about the blue and black wire correct ? Yeah, if it works like y'all said after removing the wire, i will run it for sure the old fashion way.
thanks

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

CycleRob
It is in the Magneto section, part #12 in the pic below linked to that site:

It may be externally mounted, with part of it extending thru an opening inside the crankcase oil sump. Since your oil level is OK, it seems like the engine vibration takes a toll on the sending unit and eventually an intermittent short to ground occurs that kills the spark while flashing the oil level light. It can't be that expensive to replace and would be the thing to do if it is mounted externally.

Cracker, I didn't follow the blue wire yet as I had to leave shortly after I pulled the wire but it is a wire connector that just pulls apart.

Thanks Rob, I figured that was probably it.seems to be about $50.00 for the part after a quick search.

In my case i have ALL the panels removed from the unit. The only wire i see that is capable of pulling apart is the thin blue one that connects to a black wire. These are laying on top of the generator casing not at all visible from the oil fill small panel or unless the gas tank is removed.

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Found this on another site.

Engine Problem

EF300iesb Generator is 11 months old (50 hours) runs good when started for about 30 - 40min then cuts out (I hear 1 or 2 carberator pops and then idles really low and has a jerk about every 1 to 3 seconds but does not die completely it seems to be mis-fireing I think? Could the problem be a sensor? Oil level and over load light do not come on. Cleaned carb and fuel lines, new spark plug checked valves. Still can't seem to locate issue. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly apperciated. Thanks,
Eric

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
Here's his own reply.

RE: Engine Problem

Problem fixed.. Issue was Oil level gauge was failing. Replaced and generator is working great. Big thanks to Yamaha of Rancho for free advise..

Seems like this is more of a problem than we know about. Junky oil float level switch. Probably another designed in Japan BUT made by our friends in CHINA.

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

ondahook
href="Yamaha+EF3000iseb+copy.JPG">Yamaha+EF3000iseb+copy.JPG

Mine was here (see picture if it uploads). Maybe it came loose from where it was but I got the location info from someone else and it worked.

Re: 3000iseb low oil sender location

cracker
No, doesn't work. Don't see how even if it came loose to fall that far down. It's a bundle of wires.
12