2000i

Misterjedd
My 4 year old 2k generator did an about face and only starts and runs with the choke in the fully out position. Whether cold or warm, under load or idling, in eco mode or regular, when I push the choke in the engine dies just like I pulled the choke out on a normal engine. What can be the problem here and do I need parts to fix it? My boat is in Panama but I am in the states for my own 'bench work repairs". I would like to go back in October with a fix, and appropriate parts if needed. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon and what they did to fix it. Thanks.